Not enough research.
What is Adlerian Therapy?
- Encouragement in therapy by the therapist
- Belief in the potential of the client
- Making patient aware of their “secret life plan”
- Alternative outlooks (for example, the importance of social interests)
- Positive psychology interventions
- Therapy involves finding “individual strengths, virtues, and areas of well-being” (Hamm, Carlson & Erguner-Tekinalp, 2016).
Hamm, J. S., Carlson, J., & Erguner-Tekinalp, B. (2016). Adlerian-Based Positive Group Counseling Interventions with Emotionally Troubled Youth. The Journal of Individual Psychology, 72(4), 254-272. doi:10.1353/jip.2016.0021