Not enough research.
What is Humanistic Psychology?
1. Created in mid-20th century
2. Created concept of emotional intelligence
3. In response to behaviorism and Freudian psychoanalysis
4. Concepts: drive toward self-actualization, creativity, free will, positive human potential, spiritual aspiration (part of the psyche), self-awareness, mindfulness: to change state of mind and behavior to healthier ones, freedom.
5. Encourages self-exploration rather than study behavior in other people
6. Humanists reject Cartesian-Newtonian scientific research because it is meant for the physical sciences and cannot appropriately study the complexities and nuances of human mean-making. Scientific outlook that sets ‘behavior’ rather than ‘the human being’