Not enough research.
What is Internal Family Systems Model?
1. Views that the mind is made up of relatively discrete subpersonalities each with its own viewpoint and qualities.
2. Uses family systems theory to understand how these collections of subpersonalities are organized.
3. Clients carry burdens of painful emotions or negative beliefs as a result of harmful experiences in the past, often in childhood
4. About becoming unburdened and the burdens processed by awareness of protectiveness in the client to try to prevent painful or traumatic feelings and experiences from flooding a person’s awareness.
5. Unhealthy behaviors are caused by trying to distract from the pain (such as overworking, over-medicating, violence, etc.)
6. Client works on accepting unwanted behaviors, emotions, or thoughts.