Not enough research.
What is Logotherapy?
- Founded upon the belief that it is the striving to find a meaning in one’s life that is the primary, most powerful motivating and driving force in humans
2. Based on existential analysis
3. Life has meaning under all circumstances, even the most miserable ones.
4. Our main motivation for living is our will to find meaning in life.
5. We have freedom to find meaning in what we do, and what we experience, or at least in the stance we take when faced with a situation of unchangeable suffering
6. “Spiritual” means “the will of the human being.”
7. “Positive life purpose and meaning was associated with strong religious beliefs, membership in groups, dedication to a cause, life values, and clear goals.”
8. Maturity emphasizes a clear comprehension of life’s purpose, directedness, and intentionality which contributes to the feeling that life is meaningful.
9. Discover meaning in life in three different ways: (1) by creating a work or doing a deed; (2) by experiencing something or encountering someone; and (3) by the attitude we take toward unavoidable suffering
10. Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances”