Not enough research.
What is Mode Deactivation Therapy?
1. Aimed at identifying, clarifying, and formulating the core beliefs → fears → thoughts and feelings → behavior sequence
2. Mindfulness, regulatory skills taught
3. Therapist explores the grain of truth in the client’s perceptions or beliefs and views them as reasonable responses given his or her life experiences.
4. Content of the client’s responses is elucidated while awareness and acceptance is encouraged.
5. Therapist moves the client towards accepting a functional alternative belief through commitment and motivation to work towards positive alternatives that are more supportive of his or her life goals and aspirations.