Not enough research.
What is Psychedelic Therapy?
1. Involves the use of very high doses of psychedelic drugs, with the aim of promoting transcendental, ecstatic, religious or mystical peak experiences.
2. Patients spend most of the acute period of the drug’s activity lying down with eyeshades listening to nonlyrical music and exploring their inner experience.
3. Dialogue with the therapists is sparse during the drug sessions but essential during psychotherapy sessions before and after the drug experience.
4. There are two therapists, one man and one woman.
5. The recent resurgence of research uses this method.
6. It is more closely aligned to transpersonal psychology than to traditional psychoanalysis.