Not enough research.
What is Relationship Counseling?
1. Provide a confidential dialogue, which normalizes feelings
2. To enable each person to be heard and to hear themselves
3. Provide a mirror with expertise to reflect the relationship’s difficulties and the potential and direction for change
4. Empower the relationship to take control of its own destiny and make vital decisions5. Deliver relevant and appropriate information
6. Changes the view of the relationship
7. Improve communication
8. To identify the repetitive, negative interaction cycle as a pattern.
9. To understand the source of reactive emotions that drive the pattern.
10. To expand and re-organize key emotional responses in the relationship.
11. To facilitate a shift in partners’ interaction to new patterns of interaction.
12. To create new and positively bonding emotional events in the relationship
13. To foster a secure attachment between partners.
14. To help maintain a sense of intimacy.