Not enough research.
What is Transactional Analysis?
1. 1950s therapy
2. Psychoanalytic theory and method of therapy wherein social transactions are analyzed to determine the ego state of the patient (whether parent-like, child-like, or adult-like) as a basis for understanding behavior.
3. Patient is taught to alter the ego state as a way to solve emotional problems.
4. People are OK; thus each person has validity, importance, equality of respect.
5. Positive reinforcement increases feelings of being OK.
6. All people have a basic lovable core and a desire for positive growth.
7. Everyone (with only few exceptions, such as the severely brain-damaged) has the capacity to think.
8. All of the many facets of an individual have a positive value for them in some way.
9. People decide their story and destiny, therefore these decisions can be changed.
10. All emotional difficulties are curable.