Not enough research.
What is Vegetotherapy?
1. Involves the analyst enabling the patient to physically simulate the bodily effects of strong emotions.
2. In this technique, the patient is asked to remove his or her outer clothing, lie down on a sheet-covered bed in the doctor’s office, and breathe deeply and rhythmically.
3. An additional technique is to palpate or tickle areas of muscular tension, also known as “body armour”.
4. This activity and stimulation eventually causes the patient to experience the simulated emotions, thus theoretically releasing emotions pent up inside both the body and the psyche.
5. Screaming and vomiting may occur as the catharsis of emotive expression breaks down the cathexis of stored emotions.
6. Good sexual function and unrestricted, natural breathing are seen as evidence of recovery.